Army Storm ESN Shrine In Orlu, Kill Scores Of Insurgents.
- The army reportedly suffered two casualties in the operations.
- JUST IN: Buhari’s Top Aide Resigns Over 2023 Race
- BREAKING: Arsonists Raze LG Secretariat, Magistrate Court In Anambra
- SERAP Sues Buhari For Spending N1.48trn On Maintaining Dead Refineries
EKO HOT BLOG reports that several members of the Eastern Security Network (ESN) have been neutralised in Orlu, Imo State in two different clearance operations that were conducted recently by troops of the Nigerian Army.
According to POLITICS NIGERIA, the army suffered two casualties in the operations. In one of the operations, a shrine belonging to the ESN was destroyed.
ESN is the armed affiliate of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), a separatist organisation in Nigeria.
IPOB said it aims to realise the Republic of Biafra
The group was founded in 2012 by now-detained Nnamdi Kanu, a British-Nigerian political activist known for his advocacy of the contemporary Biafran independence movement.
It was deemed a terrorist organization by the Nigerian government in 2017 under the Nigerian Terrorism Act.
The insurgency in Southeastern Nigeria (initially known as the Orlu Crisis) is a military conflict that broke out in the city of Orlu, on 22 January 2021, when the Nigerian Army moved to crush the paramilitary wing of IPOB, ESN.
- BREAKING: Many Feared Dead As Explosion Rocks Kano
- BREAKING: One Shot Dead As Gunmen Set EEDC Ogidi Office Ablaze In Anambra
- JUST IN: Soludo Reveals Conversation With Nnamdi Kanu After Visit At DSS Custody
The conflict escalated after the ESN managed to repulse the initial push by the Nigerian Army.
Click to watch our video of the week:
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611