Buhari’s Top Aide Resigns Over 2023 Race.
- Senator Ita Enang had served as special assistant to President Buhari on National Assembly (Senate) between 2015 and 2019.
The EDITOR’S PICK
- BREAKING: Arsonists Raze LG Secretariat, Magistrate Court In Anambra
- SERAP Sues Buhari For Spending N1.48trn On Maintaining Dead Refineries
- 2023: I’ll Replace Sharing Formula With Production Formula — Peter Obi
EKO HOT BLOG reports that the presidential adviser on Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Ita Enang, has resigned his appointment in order to pursue his Akwa Ibom State governorship bid.
Senator Ita Enang had served as special assistant to President Buhari on National Assembly (Senate) between 2015 and 2019.
Subsequently, President Buhari appointed him as his aide on Niger Delta Affairs in 2019 after winning his re-election.
In a statement on Monday, Enang’s media aide, Edet Ekpenyong, said the former lawmaker was grateful to President Buhari for the opportunity to serve.
“The time has come. I intend to contest for the governorship of Akwa Ibom State on the platform of our party, the APC, for which I now seek nomination, having purchased and submitted the nomination and expression of interest forms.
- BREAKING: One Shot Dead As Gunmen Set EEDC Ogidi Office Ablaze In Anambra
- JUST IN: Soludo Reveals Conversation With Nnamdi Kanu After Visit At DSS Custody
- [BREAKING] 2023: Buhari Orders Emefiele, Other Appointees To Resign
“I hereby formally tender my resignation from office, to pursue gubernatorial electoral cause,” Enang said.
Click to watch our video of the week:
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at [email protected] Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611