IGP has directed CP to investigate Lagos nightclub shooting
- …recall, five police escorts attached to Burna Boy, have been arrested for attempted murder earlier
- Police Arrest Burna Boy’s Escorts After Shooting 2 People At Lagos Club
- One Dead, Wedding Guest, Other Injured In Taraba Accident
- BREAKING: Governor Fintiri Releases Six Inmates On Democracy Day
EKO HOT BLOG reports that Usman Baba, the Inspector General of Police (IGP), directed Lagos Commissioner of Police (CP) Abiodun Alabi on Sunday to conduct a thorough investigation into the shooting incident that occurred at Club Cubana in Lagos last Wednesday.
Five police escorts attached to top music artiste Damini Ogulu, popularly known as Burna Boy, have been arrested for attempted murder after shooting two fun-seekers, Irebami Lawrence and Tolu, at Lagos’ Club Cubana.
According to a preliminary police report from Lagos State’s Bar Beach Police Division, the trouble began around 4 a.m. on June 8, 2022, when the musician and the five police escorts went to Club Cubana in Victoria Island.
Four of the police escort waited outside while one of the policemen identified as Inspector Ibrahim, who was plain clothed, accompanied Burna Boy into the club.
A statement on Sunday by the Force Public Relations Officer, CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, the IGP said CP Lagos should forward his report as soon as possible for further action.
“The Police personnel alleged and identified in the night club shooting incident at Club Cubana in Victoria Island, Lagos on Wednesday, June 8, 2022, have been taken into custody and are being investigated for their involvement in the incident.
“The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba NPM, psc(+), fdc, who describes the circumstances surrounding the incident as unbelievable, has however condemned, in the strongest terms, the unfortunate incident.
- 2023: Ohanaeze Lists Conditions To Support Atiku’s Presidential Ambition
- [JUST IN] Tinubu Wins APC Presidential Primary With Over 50% Of Votes Cast
- JUST IN] Owo Massacre: Tinubu Extends Philanthropic Gesture, Donates N75m To Victims, Church
“Consequently, the IGP has directed the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State, CP Abiodun Alabi, to carry out a thorough investigation into the matter and forward his report as urgent as possible for further action,” the statement added
Click to watch our video of the week:
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at [email protected] Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611