Until his resignation, reports say that the CJN was seriously ill
- Muhammad has served as a Justice of the Supreme Court of Nigeria since 2005 and was appointed Chief Justice of Nigeria back in 2019
- Lagos PDP Nominates Nollywood Actress As Potential Running Mate
- Buhari Writes Sanwo-Olu On Brithday Ceremony
- My School Certificates Were Stolen In 1990- Tinubu
EKO HOT BLOG reports that a former federal lawmaker, Shehu Sani, has stated that the replacement of the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) should follow the laid down rules.
Sani said this while reacting to reports that Justice Tanko Muhammad has resigned as the Chief Justice of Nigeria.
In a tweet via his Twitter handle on Monday, Sani wrote: “The replacement for the CJN should strictly follow the laid down rules. There should be no jumping the queue in order to find a person who will fit into the political, sectional, religious or ethnic peg of the ruling establishment.”
This online platform had earlier reported that Muhammad resigned on Sunday night, citing ill-health as the reason for his decision.
Until his resignation, reports say that the CJN was seriously ill.
Muhammad has served as a Justice of the Supreme Court of Nigeria since 2005 and was appointed Chief Justice of Nigeria back in 2019.
- Owo Catholic Priest Finally Speaks On Sunday Morning Attack
- PDP Charges Security Agencies To Arrest Perpetrators Of Owo Church Attack
- Owo Massacre: Peter Obi Reacts, Says Nigeria Becoming A ‘FAILED STATE’
He was formerly a Justice of the Nigerian Courts of Appeal.
Click to watch our video of the week
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at [email protected] Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611