Senate Breaks Silence, Sends Delegation To UK Over Ekweremadu’s Arrest.
- …The delegation will leave for the UK in two days.
- JUST IN: Ohanaeze Reveals Why Nnamdi Kanu Was Denied Bail
- JUST IN: Drama As PDP Gives Ex-President Obasanjo 48hrs To Clarify Atiku’s ‘Regret’ Remarks
- BREAKING: Tinubu Jets Out To France [See Why]
EKO HOT BLOG reports that the Nigerian Senate has reacted to the arrest and remand of former deputy senate president, Ike Ekweremadu and his wife, Beatrice, in the UK following the alleged organ harvesting allegation.
The Senate resolved to send a delegation of its committee on foreign affairs to London to see the couple.
Speaking on Wednesday shortly after a closed-door session of the Senate, the President of the Senate, Senator Ahmad Lawan who said that the delegation of the Upper Chamber would be made up of members of the Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs led by Senator Adamu Bulkachuwa, Bauchi North, mandated the members to liaise with the Nigeria High Commission in London to get briefs on the matter.
Lawan who noted that the Senate will continue to engage the Nigeria High Commission on the matter relating to Ekweremadu, said that he had a robust engagement with the Nigeria High Commissioner, Ambassador Ishola Sarafa on the alleged Organ harvesting, adding that as Senators, they will continue to support their colleague.
- JUST IN: Reps Make U-Turn, Reject Bill Seeking To Extend Tenure Of Legislative Staff
- BREAKING: Anxiety As Gunmen Abduct 9-Month Pregnant Wife Of NULGE Chairman
- BREAKING: Justice Tanko Muhammad Resigns As CJN Amid Corruption Charges
Resolutions of the Senate came on the heels of a motion about the arrest of the former Deputy Senate President and his wife in London last week over charges of conspiracy and organ harvest.
Click to watch our video of the week:
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at [email protected] Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611