Fayose Reveals Why Wike May Not Support Atiku’s Candidacy
- The former Governor said the Atiku failed to fulfil his promise following his decision to pick Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State
- JUST IN: Sunday Igboho Speaks On Dumping Yoruba Nation Agitation
- BREAKING: Orubebe Joins APC After Attempting To Prevent Buhari’s Election In 2015
- BREAKING: Enugu Catholic Diocese Shuts Down Fr. Mbaka’s Adoration Ministry [See Why]
EKO HOT BLOG reports that a former governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose has revealed why the governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike may not support the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar.
Recall that Fayose on Wednesday said it is the turn of the south to produce the next president of Nigeria, following the eight years of ruling by the north.
Fayose in an interview the Press, recalled how Atiku promised to make Wike his running mate after winning the presidential ticket of the PDP.
The former Governor said the Atiku failed to fulfil his promise following his decision to pick Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State.
Fayose said, “Wike never said he wanted to be VP, but when Atiku visited him, he was the one who said, ‘I want you to be my VP’. He said that to Wike. If that then changes, is Wike not supposed to be told? Is he not supposed to know?
“PDP set up a committee to recommend a running mate for the candidate and the committee voted and picked Wike, but they didn’t comply with the recommendation of the committee.
“If the party is now a one-man show, we will show them that we can resist it. We are with Wike 100 per cent.
“When they need Wike’s money and Wike’s support, they will say, ‘Wike is good enough. Wike has been injured, but we will remain with him. Whatever he does is what we would do; wherever he asks us to go is where we will go.”
- JUST IN: Igboho Sends Strong Message To Loyalists Ahead Of Wednesday’s Court Session
- BREAKING: Ex- NFF Secretary-General, Toro Regains Freedom
- 2023: He Should’ve Gone To Afghanistan Instead – Yahaya Ndu Slams Peter Obi Over Egypt Trip
Fayose when asked what he would do if Wike ask them to support Atiku, he said, “Wike will never say we should support Atiku.
“Wike cannot come out to say he is supporting Atiku. I dare him to say so; because he knows that whatever he says will haunt him forever. If Wike supports Atiku, we will abandon him.”
Click to watch our video of the week
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at [email protected] Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611