Okowa Speaks On Osun Elections, Gives PDP Tactics To Defeat APC
- Okowa said four years ago, the PDP won the Osun governorship election but was cheated out of victory
- JUST IN: Sunday Igboho Speaks On Dumping Yoruba Nation Agitation
- BREAKING: Orubebe Joins APC After Attempting To Prevent Buhari’s Election In 2015
- BREAKING: Enugu Catholic Diocese Shuts Down Fr. Mbaka’s Adoration Ministry [See Why]
EKO HOT BLOG reports that Delta State Governor and Vice Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Ifeanyi Okowa says the PDP can defeat the All Progressives Congress (APC) by taking advantage of the disarray within the ruling party to clinch victory in the July 16 Osun governorship election.
Okowa said four years ago, the PDP won the Osun governorship election but was cheated out of victory.
He, therefore, urged the party not to allow a repeat or a similar scenario during the 2022 polls, urging his party members to go all out and ensure victory for the PDP and its candidate.
Okowa spoke on Wednesday in Abuja at the party’s national secretariat during the inauguration of the 128-member campaign council of the PDP for the Osun State governorship polls.
He said: “From the information that we have, the APC is already in disarray in the state but that is not enough for us to go to sleep.
“We are very much aware of the events that took place four years ago. There is no doubt that the PDP won that election but unfortunately, we were cheated out of the election. As we move into another election, we are confident that if all of us stay committed to the party, that we will be able to deliver the victory for our party.”
Apart from the Osun governorship polls, he urged members of the PDP to rally around and support the party’s presidential candidate for the 2023 election, Atiku Abubakar.
He said “God has gone ahead of the party,” but members need to play their roles since the party has realized its mistakes which allowed the APC to push it out of power in 2015.
- JUST IN: Igboho Sends Strong Message To Loyalists Ahead Of Wednesday’s Court Session
- BREAKING: Ex- NFF Secretary-General, Toro Regains Freedom
- 2023: He Should’ve Gone To Afghanistan Instead – Yahaya Ndu Slams Peter Obi Over Egypt Trip
“We believe that we are able to redeem Nigeria, rescue it and begin a process of rebuilding this nation. Yes, we were in office and made some mistakes. We have learnt our lessons, we have apologised to Nigerians. We’re coming back as a rebranded PDP and we are going to entrench democracy,” Okowa pointed out.
Click to watch our video of the week
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at [email protected] Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611