Senator Nwaoboshi Vows To Challenge Appeal Court’s Judgment At Supreme Court.
- Nwaoboshi said he is confident that the Supreme Court will subject the judgment to critical review..
- [JUST IN] 2023: Atiku Reacts To Fayose’s Calls For Southern Presidency
- JUST IN: Ohanaeze Reveals Why Nnamdi Kanu Was Denied Bail
- JUST IN: Drama As PDP Gives Ex-President Obasanjo 48hrs To Clarify Atiku’s ‘Regret’ Remarks
EKO HOT BLOG reports that the chairman of the Senate Committee on Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Peter Nwaoboshi, the All Progressives Congress, APC, Senator representing Delta North have vowed to immediately challenge the Court of Appeal judgment at the Supreme Court.
This online news platform had earlier reported that Senator Peter Nwaoboshi was sentenced to 7 years imprisonment by the Lagos division of the appeal court on Friday, July 1, 2022.
In a statement made available to newsmen in Abuja by his Media Unit, Nwaoboshi said they are confident that the Supreme Court will subject the judgment to critical review accordingly.
The Statement titled “COURT OF APPEAL JUDGMENT” read, ” the attention of SPON Media has been drawn to the news making rounds about the judgement of the Court of Appeal, Lagos over a matter which EFCC filed against Chief, Senator Peter Nwaoboshi, the Senator representing Delta North at the Senate.
“It is not unusual to have judgements that astound the parties, depending on where the pendulum swings.
“The judgement, the news of which is in the media arose from an appeal by EFCC against the judgment of the Federal High Court, Lagos, which discharged and acquitted Distinguished Senator & Co-Defendants at the trial level.
- 2023: Ogogo, Jide Kosoko Respond To Backlash, Gives Reasons For Endorsing Tinubu
- JUST IN: Reps Make U-Turn, Reject Bill Seeking To Extend Tenure Of Legislative Staff
- BREAKING: Anxiety As Gunmen Abduct 9-Month Pregnant Wife Of NULGE Chairman
“Steps are being taken to challenge the Court of Appeal judgment immediately and we are confident that the Supreme Court will subject the judgment to critical review accordingly.”
Click to watch our video of the week:
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at [email protected] Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611