The suspect was arrested by operatives of the EFCC on September 30, 2021, and his extradition trial commenced sometime in November 2021 before Justice Chukwujekwu Aneke of the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos
- On May 1, the judge granted the request to extradite the suspect to the United States to answer the criminal charges against him
- [VIDEO] Singer Portable Confesses To Founding Lagos Armed Robbery Gang ‘One Million Boys’
- APC Paid Me To Support Tinubu, Allow Me Do My Job- Portable Hits Critics
- Drama As Singer Portable Declares Total Support For Tinubu (VIDEO)
EKO HOT BLOG reports that a wire fraud suspect, Fatade Olamilekan, has been extradited to the United States for allegedly stealing over $3.5 million worth of equipment in various cities across the country.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) disclosed this in a statement on Tuesday, five days after the suspect was extradited to answer for the alleged crime.
Olamilekan, it stated, has since been declared wanted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
“His extradition was coordinated by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, following a notice from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, FBI New York, through the US Legal Attache for his role in impersonating various cities, state, and academic institutions across the United States,” the anti-graft agency said in the statement.
“Fatade was indicted by a grand jury in the Southern District of New York for offences of wire fraud, interstate transportation of stolen property and identity theft.”
The suspect was arrested by operatives of the EFCC on September 30, 2021, and his extradition trial commenced sometime in November 2021 before Justice Chukwujekwu Aneke of the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos.
- Alleged Assault: Portable Finally Honours Police Invitation
- Drama As Woman Drags Ex-husband To Court For Marrying Her Best Friend
- Gunmen Attack Enugu Community, Kidnap Another 15 Residents
On May 1, the judge granted the request to extradite the suspect to the United States to answer the criminal charges against him.
Upon his arrival in the United States, the suspect is billed to appear before a United States District Court.
Click to watch our video of the week
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at [email protected] Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611