Ukraine said Russia is preparing additional 200,000 troops to attack Kyiv.
EKO HOT BLOG reports that the commander-in-chief of Ukraine’s armed forces expects a new Russian attack on Kyiv in the early months of 2023.
On Friday, Russia launched a ‘massive’ missile attack on Ukraine’s energy plants amid warnings Vladimir Putin is plotting a vast ground offensive early in the new year.
War: Putin Issues Another Nuclear Threat As He Prepares Missile For Combat
Colombia: Landslide Kills 3, Buries Several People
Leaders Of South Africa’s Governing Party Sit To Decide Cyril Ramaphosa’s Fate
Explosions and blackouts were reported as the capital Kyiv was struck along with the cities of Odesa, Vinnytsia, Kryvyi Rih, Kherson, and Kharkiv.
At least three people were killed, but others were feared dead.
Officials said 37 out of 40 missiles fired at Kyiv were shot down, but water supplies were still affected and metro services suspended.
Nine power stations were hit across Ukraine in Putin’s effort to freeze the nation into submission.
The raid came as sirens sounded in several cities. Terrified civilians hunkered down in underground air-raid shelters.
Kyiv mayor Vitali Klitschko later confirmed explosions had occurred in at least two areas of the capital.
In Kharkiv, mayor Ihor Terekhov said there had been “colossal… destruction”.
And he warned the public: “Explosions in Kharkiv for the second day in a row.
An infrastructure facility was previously under missile attack. There may be electrical problems… Be careful and stay in cover.”
Meanwhile, Ukraine’s defence Minister Oleksii Reznikov said evidence was mounting that Putin, who has seen his forces suffer a series of battlefield losses, is now planning a broad new offensive.
He said it could come in February when half of the 300,000 troops conscripted by Russia in October would complete their training.
Mr Reznikov said: “The second part of the mobilisation, 150,000 approximately…do a minimum of three months to prepare.
Goblin Mode’ Revealed As Oxford Word Of The Year 2022
Russia: Bodies Of 2,500 Seals Found Along Caspian Sea Coast
Taiwan: The Battle Against Mobile Phone Fraud
“It means they are trying to start the next wave of the offensive, probably in February, like last year. That’s their plan.”
Click here to watch our video of the week:
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at [email protected] Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611